Why Choose Visions LLC?
Visions LLC is a collection of practitioners that utilize Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Positive Behavior Support (PBS) in an attempt to facilitate and maintain desired behavior. Applied Behavior Analysis is a scientific approach for discovering environmental factors that reliably influence socially significant behavior and for developing an approach toward behavioral change that takes practical advantage of those discoveries. Positive Behavior Support (PBS) is a set of research-based strategies used to increase quality of life and decrease problem behavior by teaching new skills and making changes in a person’s environment. Positive behavior support combines: Valued outcomes; Behavioral and biomedical science; Validated procedures; and Systems change to enhance quality of life and reduce problem behaviors.
Visions brings professionals with a vast array of experience in working with persons with intellectual/developmental disabilities, as well as supporting families and organizations. All behavior analysis services are directly provided by, or supervised by, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). Visions’ personnel work directly with the service recipient and all key stakeholders in developing approaches to behavioral concerns that create and maintain desired behavioral change, while simultaneously enhancing quality of life factors.
The Core Services Offered by Visions LLC Include
– Functional Assessment
– Goal and Objective Development
– Program or Intervention Development
– Family and Staff Training
– In-Home Family Support (Skill Training)
– Program Assessment and Evaluation
– Program Monitoring, Evaluation and Revision
– Positive Behavior Support (PBS) Approaches
Visions LLC Behavior Analysts Subscribe to the Following Beliefs as it Relates to Behavior
- All behavior has a functional purpose.
- The proper identification of the function or purpose of the behavior is the essential component of the behavior change process.
- “Normal” behavior should not be expected in abnormal environments.
- All behavior is subject to change.
- The behavior to be changed must be clearly described and defined.
- The least restrictive/effective procedures should be followed.
- Behavior should not be simply eliminated. Appropriate alternatives must be trained or made available.
- Reinforcement for desired behavior must be available.
- All persons involved in the behavior change process must demonstrate competency in implementing the specific behavioral intervention.
- Continuous data collection, monitoring and evaluation must be part of the process. Behavioral change procedures are not static; revision will often be necessary.
Visions LLC Provides ABA Consulting Services Based on the Following Premises and Values
- Respect for individual rights and safety.
- Collaboration and the interdisciplinary process. Initial and sustained behavior change requires a partnership between the consultant and the client. (For purposes of this point, the word “client” is used in a very broad manner – it may encompass the person with the disability as well as anyone in their support network).
- Consultants and clients need to work on whole systems. Rate of success is enhanced when all environmental variables are properly acknowledged. An isolated behavioral intervention is rarely enough to sustain desired behavioral change.
- Consultants and clients need to involve all levels of the family or organization. To increase the probability of success, there needs to be commitment from a wide variety of people and / or personnel.